The course aims to help educators establish or improve their own online or blended teaching practices and develop a working understanding of successful online teaching strategies.
- learn strategies and best practices to help plan, develop and teach using online technologies
- learn how best to engage and motivate students within online learning environments and activities
- learn how to manage time when teaching online
- learn strategies for planning assessments, grading student work and providing effective feedback in online learning environments
- experience firsthand, what it is like to be an online learner as part of the process of becoming an online educator
This course is designed to assist school teachers, to incorporate ICT technology in their courses, moving towards what is now called a Bended Learning model which integrates online digital resources with classroom teaching. Participants will develop a short online course on the Moodle learning management system.
Some of the assumptions that underpin current classroom practice wil be challenged through critical reflection and exploring new models of learning. Participants will also explore online instructional design practices and theories through discussion, reflection and practical activities in the design of blended learning approaches.
This course on flexible skills development is aimed at helping TVET instructors, managers and administrators understand how a more flexible approach to TVET can benefit learners, institutions, communities and countries.